LEADING IN WORSHIP TODAY
Rev. Larry Schneider
Music Director : Kathleen Hyde
Greeters : Bill and Ina Laidlaw
Reader : Ina Laidlaw
Announcements June 11, 2017
1. Please join us for a time of refreshments and fellowship in the lower level of the sanctuary following the service.
2. Please keep all in our congregation who are ill or recovering from surgery in your thoughts and prayers.
3. THIS SUNDAY, JUNE 11, we are asked to pray for the mission and ministry of Villages United Church. We are also asked to pray for the well-being, compassion, strength, and joy of Paul Vollick. Thank you for your participation in this prayer ministry.
4. FOOD BANK DONATIONS are welcome on any Sunday. Items of particular need until the end of June are school snacks such as granola bars, puddings and fruit cups. Please consider donating family sized canned fruit throughout the summer. Envelopes for monetary donations can be found at the back of the sanctuary and may be placed in the offertory plates.
5. Please consider supporting the UCC's Famine Relief appeal, for the worst famine since 1945.
6. THE THAMES CENTRE COMMUNITY CHOIR presents "Canada 150", an evening of Canadian music on Tuesday June 13th at the Thorndale Community Centre at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are available from Choir members or by calling 519-461-1679.
7. JUNE 19TH IS CAMP KEE MO KEE DAY-FUN IN THE SUN: Registration at 9:00 am, $5.00. Pot Luck Lunch--Bring a Dish to Share & your own Dinner & Dessert Plate, Cup & Cutlery, a Lawn Chair, Sun Hat, Insect Repellent & Sun Screen. Workshops, Fellowship & Singing. BE READY TO ENJOY YOURSELF & CELEBRATE CANADA 150TH
8. THANKS to everyone who donated the towels, baking sheets and blender to Fateh Rajeh and his family!
9. Please remember to bring in pop cans so that we can turn them in for cash to support our programs.
10. Thanks to Keith Kaiser for all of his expertise and hard work in creating our church's web site, which you can find at: http://dorchesterunitedchurch.ca/
I have put 2 packets of information on the bulletin board in the lower level. One about Canadian Foodgrains Bank & about the Palestine & Israeli occupation. I invite you to learn more about these subjects. Take the packets down & sit at the table there & learn more of what is happening with these subjects. I bring this information to you from the London Conference Annual Meeting. Happy reading--Marj MacMillan
RAG DOLL WORKSHOP - Wed., June 28th, 1:30 - 3:30 pm at Wesley-Knox. Same as before. register ASAP with Ann Stokes at 226-700-0923 or email: email@example.com. Everyone welcome, try to car pool Bring shades of beige fabric, light to medium brown fabric, yellow, black, brown or red wool as well as stuffing. See you.