LEADING IN WORSHIP
1. WEDNESDAY MORNING COFFEE: Every Wednesday, at 10 am. Come and catch up on the news, be a taste tester of the baking and have many laughs. Everyone is welcome.
2. AT THE CONGREGATIONAL MEETING HELD ON MARCH 24TH , approval was received to use money from the Memorial Funds to finance the Video Projection System Project. In addition, the DUC Board is initiating an appeal for funds to help finance this Project. The estimated cost is $12,285. All donations will be gratefully received. Please specify that your donation is to be directed to the Video System Project.
3. TRIVIA NIGHT was a great success. Thank you to Robert, our Quiz Master, and to Joyce for keeping score. Marilyn did a wonderful job keeping the 59 hungry people fed. Ticket sales were $1140.00 and expenses were $110.30. Net income was $1029.70. It was a great social evening with people from Belmont, London, Dorchester, Ingersoll, Exeter and Thorndale. Thanks for your support!
4. "ALL THINGS BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL: Thames Centre Community Choir is holding its spring concert on Sunday April 14 at 2:00 at St. George's Anglican Church in Thorndale and at 7 pm at Dorchester United. Tickets are $15 and available from Alan Busche or Glenn Baskerville, by calling 519-461-1679 or by emailing email@example.com.
5. PLEASE JOIN US FOR OUR ANNUAL HAM AND OYSTER SUPPER ON FRIDAY, APRIL 12. Enjoy a hardy meal of scalloped potatoes, ham, baked beans, coleslaw, dinner rolls and dessert. Seafood lovers can look forward to delicious homemade oyster soup. Adults $20, Children 6 to 15 $10, Children 5 & under are free. Tickets are available from Cathy Baskerville and Marion Woods.
6. THE 57TH ANNUAL GATHERING OF LONDON CONFERENCE UNITED CHURCH WOMEN IS ON APRIL 13, 2019 , at Siloam U.C. Theme "Here I Am Lord", Theme Speaker--Rev. Dr. Eileen Antone, Bible Study Leader--Rev. Mark Bellamy. For more information view the board at the parking lot entrance to find more information of these wonderful speakers & entertainment & consider joining us.
MIDWEEK LENTEN SERVICES 2019
Members and friends of Belmont United Church warmly invite you to join them on Wednesday evenings during Lent for a time of worship, food and fellowship. The evening begins with a light supper at 6:00 p.m. (a freewill offering is gratefully accepted, but not required), followed by a brief worship service at 6:45. This year's theme is "The Sermon on the Mount." The preaching schedule is as follows:
"SOX IN THE BOX"
It's a few months into the New Year and we are once again in need of
replenishing our sock supply for the "Sox in the Box" Outreach project.
Cyclone Idai swept through Southern Africa in March 2019, leaving terrible devastation in its wake.
The United Church of Canada is accepting donations to help M&S partners provide relief to an estimated 2.6 million people in need.
Please donate by phone at 1-800-268-3781 ext, 2738 or send a cheque to: The United Church of Canada Philanthropy Unit - Emergency Response, 3250 Bloor Street West, Suite 200 Toronto, ON M8X 2Y4.
Be sure to note "Emergency Response-Cyclone Idai" on the face of your cheque.