LEADING IN WORSHIP TODAY
Minister: Rev. Larry Schneider
Music Director : Kathleen Hyde
Greeters : Gord Lewis and Betty Smith
Reader : Carol Reid
Announcements June 4, 2017
1. Please join us for a time of refreshments and fellowship in the lower level of the sanctuary following the service.
2. Please keep all in our congregation who are ill or recovering from surgery in your thoughts and prayers.
3. This Sunday, June 4, we are asked to pray for the mission and ministry of the Glencoe-Appin Pastoral Charge. We are also asked to pray for the well-being, compassion, strength, and joy of Rev. Cheryl Bolton. Thank you for your participation in this prayer ministry.
4. FOOD BANK DONATIONS are welcome on any Sunday.
5. Please consider supporting the UCC's Famine Relief appeal, for the worst famine since 1945.
6. The annual June UCW Pot Luck Supper meeting is being held on Wednesday, June 7th at 6.30 pm at the home of Lois and Bruce Scott, 100 Carleton Court. Please bring your favourite dish and join us for an evening of fellowship before the summer break.
7. The Thames Centre Community Choir presents "Canada 150", an evening of Canadian music on Tuesday June 13th at the Thorndale Community Centre at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are available from Choir members or by calling 519-461-1679.
8. June 19th is Camp Kee Mo Kee Day - "Fun In The Sun". Save the date. A Middlesex Presbyterial UCW yearly event. Watch for more information!
9. Thanks to Cathy & Janet for going to the 'Poverty Doll Workshop'; it was lots of fun. We need to get 338 dolls for parliament in Ottawa on Nov. 23rd. Would some of you like to come to a workshop here in this church? Talk to us, thanks, Marj
10. The flowers in the sanctuary this morning are presented to the 'Over-80's' members of the congregation by the United Church Women. Members of the UCW are happy to deliver the flowers to each recipient within the next few days. Please enjoy the flowers, with our blessing!
11. Fateh Rajeh and his family are settling in nicely and doing well. They have just entered their holy month of Ramadan, during which the adults fast from sunrise to sundown. We will be making arrangements to get together with them later this summer. In the meantime, there are three things which they still require: bath and hand towels, baking sheets, and a kitchen blender. If anyone has any of these items in next-to-new condition, please let me, Cathy Baskerville or Marj MacMillan know right away, so that we can ensure we get enough items, but not too many blenders or baking sheets!
12. Please remember to bring in pop cans so that we can turn them in for cash to support our programs.
13. Rev. Larry still has hearing aid batteries left. Please see him or the table at the back of the church if you would like some for yourself, a friend or relative.
14. A note from Rev. Larry: Thank you so very much for your ongoing prayers and support! They mean so much to us. Unfortunately I have not yet received a report from the surgeon on all of my recent tests, but will see him this coming Wednesday.
15. Thanks to Keith Kaiser for all of his expertise and hard work in creating our church's web site, which you can find at: http://dorchesterunitedchurch.ca/